This week’s highlights:
- 3rd – 12th April @ Curzon Mayfair: Bill Cunningham New York (Richard Press, 2010)
Fans of fashion, The Great Gatsby, and quirky documentaries will enjoy this curious outlook on New York life spanning four decades. Showing all week at Curzon Mayfair.
- 3rd – 12th April @ Curzon Cinemas: Trishna
Michael Minterbottom’s latest film characteristically delivers beautifully haunting images of a classic story of love and betrayal. If you’re no great fan of Tess of the d’Ubervilles, maybe the superb Rajasthan scenery will change your mind. Trailer and tickets available here.
- 5th April @ ICA: The Cabin In The Woods
The Ultra Culture Cinema series at the Institute of Contemporary Arts presents a special preview of Drew Goddard and Joss Whedon’s 2011 horror comedy that will appeal to both fans and critics of horror and its latest cinematic manifestations. Click for trailer and tickets.
- 8th April on Channel 4: 21 Grams (Alejandro González Iñárritu, 2003)
For anyone who hasn’t yet seen this masterpiece, this is the perfect opportunity to watch Benicio Del Toro deliver a performance only nearly (but not quite) equalled by the superb Naomi Watts and Sean Penn. Tune in at 1AM on Sunday 8th. Warning: this film will stay with you for a long time.
- DEADLINE 11th April: Film4 Development Assistant Internship
- 20th April – 19th May: “Pull up a ‘Hitchcock’ Pew” with Film Fugitive